Exceptional Work in Metal Clay 2022 Calendar
Call for Images
AMCAW members are invited to participate in our next calendar of exceptional work
◊ 100 entries max! ◊
◊ Professional looking photos ◊
◊ Exceptional work only ◊
◊ AMCAW members only ◊
- Call closes 29 April
- One entry per artist
- It must be your very best work
- You submit on Artcall with a jpg image
- It must be a professional looking photo, (not a quick snap from your phone)
- You must be able to provide high resolution image for print
- We will close as soon as we hit 100 entries or 29 April, whichever is sooner!
About the calendar
Our annual calendar will be available for pre-order in August/September and will ship from October.
Each year we produce a collectable calendar that showcases the very best work from the metal clay community. Only AMCAW members may enter photographs to be considered for inclusion.
Each page of the calendar will feature up to two/three images of work, together with a short description of how the piece was made and/or what inspired it. Artists will also be able to include their website and/or social media site addresses. One piece will be selected for the cover of the calendar.
The images need to be well photographed jewellery, clearly showing the pieces without any clutter.
We can only accept professional quality images of exceptional work. This can be jewelry, body adornment, a decorative or a functional item.
Each artist is allowed to enter just one image for consideration. Photographs taken using a mobile phone will not be large enough for our printing requirements.
Your initial photographic entry will be used to select images to be used in the calendar. If your piece is selected, you will be required to send a print quality image of the piece by 30 May, 2021 using the specifications below. Please, only enter a piece for consideration if you can meet this requirement by our 30 May deadline.
If your piece is chosen, we will require you to send a large, high resolution image suitable for full color printing. Please make sure you will be able to provide a high-resolution image, no smaller than 30cm on the longest side, at 300dpi, in either JPG or TIF format, by 30 May, 2021
Deadline for Entering
This call for entries will open on 15 February and closes on 29 April, 2021.
The only thing the jury will see when making their deliberations will be your entry photograph. It is vitally important that your photograph represents your work in the very best way possible. Here are the rules for submitting your photograph:
- Use a high-quality photograph with a plain, uncluttered background and no additional props (plants, rocks, etc.)
- Do not show jewelry on a model.
- Jewelry must be complete and ready to wear.
- Details of the piece should be clearly visible in the image.
- The photograph must be in focus and well lit.
- Images initially entered should be JPEG format, around 1000×750 pixels and a max file size of 4MB. If your piece is chosen from the initial entry, we will require you to send a large, high resolution image suitable for full color printing. Please make sure you would be able to provide a high-resolution image, no smaller than 30cm on the longest side, at 300dpi, in either JPG or TIF format. If your images is selected, the high resolution file will be due no later than 30 May, 2021. If you have questions about the file requirements, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!
- Only one photograph may be entered per person.
- Do not list your name, company name or logo or any other information that may identify you in your photograph.
How to Enter
You will need to set up an account with ArtCall. It’s free, you will just need to set up your account with a username and password. If you have already used ArtCall to enter a challenge, just use your existing login information.
- Set up an account by clicking the blue Register button in the upper right corner
- Click the green Login button in the upper right to enter your information and upload your photograph.
Please read the below terms and conditions before submitting an image.
Terms & Conditions
- Image submission is only open to members of AMCAW, but includes all members of AMCAW (including members of the board, committee members and members of the advisory panel).
- Please read the submission guidelines carefully and ensure you follow them. Entries which do not follow the guidelines will not be accepted.
- Members can enter only one image for consideration.
- All entries must be submitted by the deadline of 29 April, 2021
- We are only accepting a maximum of 100 entries; the entry site will close as soon as 100 entries are received and no additional entries will be accepted. This may occur before 29 April, 2021.
- All entries must be submitted online, no other entry submission methods will be accepted.
- All entries must be the work of the AMCAW member and must be a unique and original design.
- All entries must use metal clay in part or in full. Mixed media work is acceptable, but the entry should use metal clay as a significant element in the design.
- Entries can be jewelry, bodily adornment, a decorative item or a functional item.
- The jury will be looking for work which shows exceptional design and originality, and a high quality of workmanship.
- The jury will evaluate each photographic entry anonymously, i.e., without knowing the name of the member who submitted it. Photographs that show your name, company name or logo (or any other information that may identify you) will not be accepted.
- When you submit an image, you agree to AMCAW using the image of your piece in the 2022 calendar should it be selected. You will also be given the option to have your image added to our image library for use in our publicity, social media or on our website. By entering this challenge, you are agreeing to these conditions.
- The decision of the jury is final.
- Artists who have submitted images that are selected for the calendar will be notified by email at the end of May or early in June, and will then be required to send AMCAW a high-resolution image, no smaller than 30cm on the longest side, at 300dpi and no smaller than 30MB, in either JPG or TIF format, by the 30 May, 2021. Please ensure you can provide this before submitting an image.
- Artists who have an image selected for inclusion in the calendar will receive one complimentary copy of the calendar.
- Information on purchasing these collector’s items will be available online and in social media in July, 2021
DON’T MISS OUT ON COLLECTING THE INAUGURAL 2020 CALENDAR!
Did you get a copy of the 2020 calendar? if you missed out then it’s your lucky day as we have a few left at a fantastic discounted price of $10 including shipping.